Saturday, April 27, 2013

Soap Challenge 2013: Week 4 - Leopard Spot Soap

Let me just start out with saying that I was really, really excited about this challenge as one of the cats I own is a Bengal Leopard!  I was quite intrigued about this soap, but was also a little nervous.  It looked fantastic in my head when I was planning it out, but then the soap cutting revealed something totally, completely different.  The whole thing was a fail.  I am disappointed, but it is still usable so I will carry on and attempt the leopard spot soap another time.

I decided to use a citrus mint blend essential oil blend that smelled great....until 24 hours later when I cut it.  It doesn't smell bad, you just can't smell the mint part.  Since I was using essential oils, I wanted to keep my colours natural as well so I used charcoal powder for the black and cocoa powder for the brown.  I wanted to try and keep it to the original leopard colours.  Well as you can see by the pictures, my brown is way, way too dark and completely blends in with the black.  My soap appears just to have black spots - which doesn't look too flattering.

This was the final week of the 2013 Soap Challenge and I want to thank Amy Warden at Great Cakes Soapworks for creating this challenge and look forward to another soaping challenge in the future.  It truly has challenged me to create soaps that I normally would not have done.






13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cat! And there is nothing wrong with the soap either :) I think it looks mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still looks great to me! Your cat is precious <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL love your kitty! These soaps are a challenge for a reason. We learn, about natural colors about working with challenges and how to think on our feet. The turmeric was a really good idea! I love your spotted one and your spotted soap. Check out my kitties if you like at http://luxuryandwhimseysoap.blogspot. com/ or go to geneandpam.com and check out our kitty fence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your soap looks lovely ..very animalistic! Fine job..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This soap is not a fail at all - I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous design. I love how close the colors match your kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, your soap looks just like your kitty! Beautiful spots in your soap (and on your cat!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet your cat willbe wondering what is that so similar to her, but yet not another cat! You took your photos in the shadow, but I bet the colours would be visible. It's a lovely soap,anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so cute. Love that it matches the cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. maybe not what you were going for but its a really nice looking soap. As is that cat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool soap! I love how it matches your beautiful kitty cat! Great job! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This soap is a perfect match for your kitty and the colors and design look great! =)

    ReplyDelete